We welcome your contributions to ZABS! We are looking for fresh perspectives from the sharpest minds to provide our audience with actionable, in-depth content that helps them make their professional life easier.
Please read through all the guidelines to learn how to submit a piece that has a better chance of acceptance.
Why Should You Write For ZABS?
Writing for ZABS is a great way to gain experience and reach over 30K new readers per month. Our blog has been featured in Mashable, Behance, Github, Envato, Creativemarket, Mymodernmet, Lifewire, Abduzeedo, Laughingsquid, and many more.
- Your article will be featured for our entire community to see.
- You receive an about the author profile (You can promote your own portfolio, website, along a short bio.)
- You’ll be giving back to the community by sharing your knowledge.
Who is Our Audience?
Our audience consists of entrepreneurs, farm managers, marketers, extension officers, government officials, freelancers, trainers, and farmers.
These are the folks who work their hands to the bone to build their own business, and they love reading about meaningful ideas, productivity, tools, applications, creativity, and inspiration to help them improve their professional life. They’ve built something they’re proud of, and want to show it (and themselves) off to the world. They’re busy people, so they like actionable items to take away and apply to their lives.
Things to Keep in Mind
Our ideal guest author is passionate and insightful. You stress details, follow direction, and offer readers real value. You understand the basics of SEO but put your audience first.
We get a lot of pitches. Most don’t get accepted. Here are some tips to stay out of our trash can:
- Keep it Conversational.Speaking in first or second person helps keep the article casual, and the tone inviting. Think of your guest post as a personal blog, then write it.
- Simplify it.Though you are encouraged to support your arguments with facts and statistics, keep the writing simple and to the point. Keep paragraphs short and break sections up with headers.
- Tell a story. The main reasons why we write are to inform and to educate, so enlighten our readers. Keep your posts interesting and relevant.
- Know how to start and know how to end. It’s important for our readers to know what to expect at the beginning of the article, and what they’ve learned at the end. Be clear and be concise. But don’t flat out say, “In this article I will show you…” or “In closing…” —instead, make sure to include solid introduction and conclusion paragraphs.
- We expect that your content is creative, original, high quality, and useful to our audience. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
- Make sure we haven’t already covered your topic before. If you can’t do that much research, then we don’t trust you can write a good post.
- We only accept educational, informative, and helpful posts from guest authors. We want a lot of screenshots and step-by-step instruction, too. If your post doesn’t fit this description, we won’t publish it.
Ready to Submit?
If you have a finished article that is ready to be published on ZABS, please send us a ZIP file containing your article, images, and short bio. If your article is accepted we will notify you when it will go live.
- Your submission must be your original work and not published elsewhere.
- Your submission must be edited prior to publishing.
- Your article must credit all the sources.
- We accept Google documents and Microsoft Word documents.
- Not all submissions will be accepted.
Important: We receive hundreds of submissions and it’s impossible for us to get back to everyone. If you don’t follow our directions, your email will be ignored.
The subject line should be: Article Submission